- Develop an open and collaborative educational partnership.
- Facilitate the advisee’s development of educational, career, and life goals.
- Assist students with the often-difficult transition to college by connecting them with relevant campus groups and resources.
Your academic advisor was selected for you from your major area of interest as indicated on your admissions application. Your assigned academic advisor will provide a friendly, open environment that will aim to foster self-exploration, self-awareness and self-evaluation thus enhancing a sense of personal identity, 和y are accessible to all advisees and exhibit an open-door policy. 另外, advisors assist students in exploring the possible short and long-range consequences of their choices and to facilitate student's recognition and acceptance of personal responsibility for what happens to their lives. 顾问, 在顾问的帮助下, must focus not just on a semester-by-semester plan but a tentative college career plan that may encompass several years as well as what may or may not happen beyond college and training.
- Share information with advisors regarding interests, goals, educational, and career plans.
- Share personal information that has a bearing on academic careers. 花在工作上的时间, 对家庭的责任, 财政援助状况, and 任何 limitations are all necessary information for advisors.
- 熟悉 大学目录 和 学生手册. 这些都是重要的信息来源.
- Make a note of advisor's advising hours and phone number. When students cannot meet during the designated hours, they are expected to schedule appointments and to call if they are unable to keep appointments.
- 做好毕业要求的记录. 学生 should keep copies of ALL correspondence from the college, 和他们的顾问开会. It is ultimately the students' responsibility to fulfill the requirements for graduation.
- Be familiar with college deadlines, which can be found in the 学生手册.
- Be willing to contact the appropriate student support services available on campus. The 学生手册 is an excellent resource.
- Be prepared for meetings with advisors, particularly when registering for next semester. 学生 should review what courses are still necessary for their programs and have an idea of what courses they would like to take as electives.
- Alert their advisors immediately if they begin to have difficulties that are affecting their class work or continued enrollment.
- Be an active participant in the advising sessions.
- If students have questions about the advising process or are unclear about the advising services available at 明升体育m88亚洲手机, they should contact the Advisement Hotline (800) 748-7594 ext. 225.